at the library
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library has planned the following events:
• Our Heroes’ Tree — Now through Sunday, Dec. 23. The library will partner with the Indiana State Library to present Our Heroes’ Tree. Zionsville residents may drop by the Youth Services Department and create an ornament honoring a service member.
• Hope for Heroes — Now through Sunday, Dec. 16. The library will accept winter wear and personal care items for homeless veterans in conjunction with the Hope for Heroes program.
• Mrs. Claus and the Musical Elves — 4:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 13, families with children ages 3 and older. Join Laugh’n Laura, Kazoo’n Kelli, Jolly Jessica, Jumpin’ Julie and Jazzin Papa Matt for a time of singing, stories and games. Following the program, meet Candy Carry’n Mrs. Claus for pictures and a hug.
• Saturday morning Chess Club — 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Saturdays, Dec. 8, 15, 22 and 29, for children ages preschool through high school. Join Paul Yearling every Saturday to play chess whether you are an advanced player or just starting out.
• Milk and Cookies Storytime — 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. or 1:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. Monday, Dec. 17, ages 3 through 6. Cozy up with stories, songs and games and enjoy a treat at the end.
• Velveteen Rabbit Read-aloud — 4 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. Monday, Dec. 17, ages 2 and older. Miss Kelli will be reading the classic, “The Velveteen Rabbit” by Marjorie Williams Bianco.
• Single Session Toddler Time — 9:45 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 20, ages 1 through 2. Walkers and talkers can come to the library to hear stories and sing songs.
• K-Plus — 4:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 20, ages 5 through 6. This program supplements school instruction by engaging children through stories, music, art and other activities.
• Sight Word Bingo — 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Thursday, Jan. 3, ages 4 through 7. Have fun playing Bingo and learn beginning words at the same time. Drop by for something to do during winter break. Popcorn and lemonade will be served.
• Snow and Snowmen — 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Monday, Jan. 7, ages 3 through 6. Open some books about famous snowmen and mark off the first 15 minutes of Winter Reading. Find out things to do with snow and learn facts about snow.
• Single Session Toddler Time — 9:45 a.m. to 10:15 a.m., ages 1 through 2. Walkers and talkers can come to the library to have fun with stories, songs, finger plays and more.
• It’s a popcorn party — 10 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. Friday, Jan. 11, ages 3 through 6. National Popcorn Day is Saturday, Jan. 19. Celebrate by reading books, playing some popping games, tasting different popcorn flavors and making some popcorn crafty treats.
• Safe Sitter Class — 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 19, ages 11 through 13. Cost $55. A course designed to teach babysitters how to be safe and nurturing caregivers and how to handle children’s emergencies. Bring a sack lunch.
• Tandem Read Book Club — 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Mondays, Jan. 21, Feb. 18, March 18, April 15 and May 20, ages 8 through 12 with an adult. Join the youth librarians for a new book club. Bring a dish for a pitch-in dinner to eat and discuss the book of the month.
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, 250 N. Fifth St., can be reached at 873-3149 or visit www.zionsville.lib.in. for more information.
- Community Calendar from August 20, 2014 Community Calendar from August 20, 2014
- Community Calendar from August 13, 2014 Community Calendar from August 13, 2014
- Community Calendar from Aug. 6, 2014 Community Calendar from Aug. 6, 2014
- Calendar for July 30, 2014
- Community Calendar from July 23, 2014 Community Calendar from July 23, 2014
- Community Calendar from July 16, 2014 Community Calendar from July 16, 2014
- Community Calendar from July 2, 2014 Community Calendar from July 2, 2014
- Community Calendar from June 25, 2014
- Community calendar from June 18, 2014 Community calendar from June 18, 2014
- Community calendar for June 11, 2014
- More Calendar Headlines