• Parent/Child Chess Club — 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tuesdays, July 23 and 30, families. Kids and parents can spend time together learning the game of chess with the Yearling family.
• A to Z Mysteries — 2:30 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. Monday, July 29, ages 7 through 10. Join other kid detectives to solve mysteries at the library to discuss several of the books in the A to Z Mysteries series.
• Model Building: F-18 “Blue Angels” Hornet — 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday, July 30, ages 8 through 12. Build a replica of the F-18 Hornet, the fighter jet used by the Blue Angels, using a Revell Make N Take kit. All supplies are included.
• Happy Birthday, Harry Potter — 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, July 31. The first session is for children ages 5 through 7, and the second session is for ages 8 through 12. Come celebrate Harry Potter’s special day with fun crafts, games, activities, books and cake. Participants are encouraged to dress up as a Harry Potter character.
• Monday Movie: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone — 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, July 22, families. Bring a cup with a lid to enjoy lemonade and popcorn.
• Monday Tandem Read Book Club: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone — 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, July 22, parent and child, ages 7 through 12. Discuss books that have been made into movies. A light dinner of soup and drinks will be provided but feel free to add to the feast.
• American Girl Picnic — 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Monday, Aug. 5, grades first through fifth. Celebrate the end of summer American Girl style. Enjoy an American Girl picnic with games, activities, crafts and food.
• K Plus: Don’t Let a Pigeon Drive a School Bus — 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 6, kindergarteners. Read fun stories about starting school and create and play a memory game to share with new friends.