Vote for concert artwork
A people’s choice vote will be held now through Saturday, May 4, for promotional artwork for the 2013 Lincoln Park Concert Series. Voting will take place from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Zionsville Cultural District Welcome Center, 290 N. Main St. Artwork from nine Zionsville and Zionsville West middle school students have been selected as finalists. The three winning pieces of artwork will be featured on promotional posters and programs for the concert series, which is held from 7:30 p.m. to 8:40 p.m. each Wednesday during the summer.
SullivanMunce hosts rummage sale
The SullivanMunce Cultural Center, 225 W. Hawthorne St., will host a rummage sale fundraiser.
RummageJumble will be from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, May 17, and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, May 18. All proceeds from the event benefit the center.
Items needed for the sale include books, antiques, electronics, furniture and decorations. The only items not accepted are clothes.
Residents may drop off any items from now through Tuesday, May 14, at the center. Contact Melissa Fanning at melissaf@
sullivanmunce.org or 873-4900 for more information.
Blood drives in Boone County
The Indiana Blood Center will have the following blood drives in Boone County:
• 3 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 1, at Boone Meadow Elementary School, 5555 Main St., Whitestown.
• 4 to 8 p.m. Monday, May 6, Witham YMCA, 2791 N. Lebanon St., Lebanon.
• 3 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, May 7, Harney Elementary School, 1810 N. Grant St., Lebanon.
• 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Sunday, May 19, St. Joseph Catholic Church, 319 E. South St., Lebanon.
Call the blood center at 800-632-4722 option 4 or visit www.donorpoint.org for more information.
Events planned for senior citizens
Boone County Senior Services has scheduled the following activities:
• Van Trip — 9 a.m. Friday, May 10, to Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Cost is $5, and admission to the museum is $5. Attendees are responsible for food, transportation and admission fees.
• Van Trip — 9 a.m. Tuesday, May 14, to Castleton Square Mall. Cost is $5. Attendees are responsible for food, transportation and admission fees.
• Van Trip — 10:15 a.m. Thursday, May 16, to the Indianapolis Indians baseball game. Cost is $5. Tickets are $11 for reserved seats and $15 for boxed seats. Attendees are responsible for food, transportation and admission fees.
• Van Trip — 10:30 a.m. Monday, May 20, to Corky’s Fabulous 50s Diner. Cost is $6. Attendees are responsible for food, transportation and admission fees.
• Van Trip — 9 a.m. Friday, May 24, to Greenwood Park Mall. Cost is $6. Attendees are responsible for food, transportation and admission fees.
To register, call BCSSI at 765-482-5220 or 873-8939.