at the library
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library has planned the following events.
• Foster Chick Care Class — 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, April 14, ages 7 and older. Learn how to provide a foster home for two or more baby chicks. Registration begins at 8 a.m. Monday, April 8.
• Bugs! Bugs! Bugs! — 4:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. Tuesday, April 9, grades first through third. Edible bugs will be made out of chocolate chips, chow mein noodles and butter.
• Babies in Jammies — 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 10, ages birth through 11 months.
• American Girl: Molly — 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Thursday, April 11, grades first through fifth. Explore a part of life that Molly would have encountered during World War II.
• Animal Adventure: Worms and Composting — 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Friday, April 12, ages 3 through 6 with a parent. Meet at the library for a story or two and walk over to the Zion Nature Center to visit with the animals that live there.
• Tandem Read Book Club - The Borrowers — 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday, April 15, ages 8 through 12 with an adult. Join the youth librarians for the fourth book in a five-week-long Tandem Read Book Club. Bring a favorite dish for a pitch-in dinner. Attendees will eat and discuss the book of the month.
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, 250 N. Fifth St., can be reached at 873-3149 or visit www.zionsville.lib.in for more information.
Events planned for seniors
Boone County Senior Services has scheduled the following activities:
• Support Group: Caring with Cause — 10 a.m. to noon Tuesdays, April 9 and 23, at the Boys and Girls Club of Zionsville. Facilitators Rachel Gerrish, Franciscan visiting nurses at St. Frances and Serge Monperous will offer engaging and educational presentations to assist caregivers in developing supportive relationships. The adult being cared for by the caregiver will also be welcome to attend the group.
• Van Trip — 8 a.m. Friday, April 12, to Nashville. Meet at BCSSI for departure. Transportation fees and meal costs are the responsibility of the attendee.
Boone County Senior Services, Inc., can be reached at 765-482-5220 or 873-8939. The organization has a location at 1100 W. Oak St. and 515 Crown Point Drive, Lebanon.