Registration open for ZCS-GROW
Registration is now open for Zionsville Community Schools’ 2013-14 GROW programming.
Programming included this year is Summer Explorers’ Day Camp at Pleasant View Elementary, universal preschool at Boone Meadow Elementary, kindergarten bridge, before and after care and middle school JAM.
Email ZCSGrow@zcs.k12.in.us to register.
Contact the ZCS-GROW office at 873-2226 ext. 11126 for more information.
at the library
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library has planned the following events.
• AARP Tax-Aide — 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. every Thursday from now through April 4. Free tax help for taxpayers with low and middle income with special attention to those ages 60 and older. Reservations required.
• Create-A-Plate — now through Sunday, March 17. Drop by any time the library is open and draw on a special paper to be transformed into a melamine plate. Plates may be picked up in six to eight weeks. Cost is $6.50 per plate.
• K-Plus Monet Masterpieces — 4:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. Thursday, March 14, ages 5 through 6. Learn about great artists and create a masterpiece.
• A Space to Create: Picasso — 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Saturday, March 16, ages 5 through 9. Explore the art of Picasso. The focus will be on his “blue period.” Create a portrait using only blue, black and white paint.
• Tandem Read Book Club: The Westing Game — 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday, March 18, ages 8 through 12 plus an adult. Join the youth librarians for a new five month book club. Bring a dish for the pitch-in dinner to eat and discuss the book of the month.
• Benjamin’s Kite — 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, March 20, families with children ages 3 and older. Supplies and directions available for families to make and fly a kite like young Benjamin Franklin. Register for supplies and follow self-guided instructions.
• Art of Alexander Calder — 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, March 23, ages 8 through 12. Join staff from SullivanMunce Cultural Center and explore the art of Alexander Calder by making a mobile with wire, beads and buttons.
• Simple Science Family Night: How does it grow? — 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, March 25, families with children ages 3 through 7. Instill a love of science with easy and fun ways to learn basic concepts through simple science activities.
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, 250 N. Fifth St., can be reached at 873-3149 or visit www.zionsville.lib.in for more information.