The Zionsville Woman’s Club will meet at 1 p.m. Friday, March 15.
Local state elected officials will be at a Legislative Breakfast and discuss legislative issues at 7:30 a.m. Saturday, March 16, at the Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library. The event is coordinated by the Boone County Chamber of Commerce and sponsored by Indiana Farm Bureau and Witham. Doughnuts and coffee provided.
at Nature Center
The Zion Nature Center, 690 Beech St., can be reached at 873-8950 or visit www.zionnaturecenterfriends.org.
• Easter eggs gourds — 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays March 16 and 23, and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays, March 17 and 24, ages 5 and older. Decorate natural Easter eggs using gourds. The home-grown gourds are the right size and shape and will last for years. The cost is $2, and all supplies are included.
• Owls of Indiana — 11 a.m. Saturday, March 23, ages 5 and older. Learn about Indiana’s owls and what makes these birds of prey both masters of flight and supreme hunters. Program is free. Dissect an owl pellet for $3.
• Closed for Easter — Sunday, March 31.
• Spring migration bird hike — 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Thursday, April 4 and Thursday, April 25, families. Join the specialists at the center for a spring migration bird hike in Starkey Park. Local birder Rob Ripma will lead the group in search of resident and early migrant birds. The hike is for beginning and advanced birders. Meet at Starkey Park in the parking lot off Sugarbush Drive.
• Animal Adventures: Worms — 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Friday, April 12, ages 3 through 6. Meet at the library then walk to the nature center to learn about worms.
• The turtles are awake — 11 a.m. Saturday, April 13. Meet the resident box turtles, learn some facts and observe their appetites after hibernation.
• Rain Gardens Care and Maintenance Workshop — 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday, April 16, adults. This workshop will provide basic information on rain garden use and installation but will focus on long-term care and maintenance to ensure the success of the garden. This free program will take place at Zionsville Town Hall, 1100 W. Oak St. Participants will receive a free native plant compliments of the Zionsville Stormwater Department.