Cultural district sponsors concerts
The Zionsville Cultural District has announced the schedule for the Lincoln Park Concert Series.
The concerts will take place every Wednesday during June and July at the park. Concerts will be from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Area restaurants will provide a taste of Zionsville during each concert.
The first concert will be Wednesday, June 4. The concert will be a family concert featuring Chad Mills.
Call Betsy Huffman at 625-0165 for more information.
Library features family events
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library has planned the following:
• Scholastic Book Sale -- Now through Saturday, June 7. Help support library programming with the profits from the book sale. Items will be for sale in the Youth Services department during regular library hours.
• Summer Hours -- The library will be closed on Sundays during the summer from now through Sunday, Aug. 1. Normal Sunday hours of 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. will resume Sunday, Sept. 7.
• Books and Babies -- 11:30 a.m. to noon Wednesday, June 4 and 18, ages birth through 11 months. Babies will enjoy songs, rhymes, finger plays, action playing, a short book and play time.
• Family Math and Science Night -- 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, June 4, families with children ages 3-12. Participate in a number of interactive science, art and math activities in stations throughout Youth Services. Science ambassadors from Dow AgroSciences will be available to talk to you about careers in science and will design activities for the advanced students.
• Thursday Movie: Go Wild! Lion King -- 10 a.m. Thursday, June 5, families. Bring a cup with a lid, and the library will provide lemonade and popcorn.
• Mini-Maker Space: Tea Time -- 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday, June 5. Drop in to create a tea bag. Materials will be provided.
• Read Wild: Monsters -- 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Thursday, June 5, ages 6-8. Creep into the library for a scary time and introduce yourself to the Monster Manor series.