• Read, Build, Play with DUPLOs: Grow, Caterpillar, Grow — 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, Sept. 9, ages 3 through 6 with a parent. This program combines reading and building with LEGO DUPLO bricks.
• Yoda Chronicles — 4:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 10, grades first through fifth. Learn from the Master Jedi in a Lego Star Wars adventure. Test wisdom and inner strength to win prizes
• Safe-Sitter Class — 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 14, ages 11 through 13. Cost is $55. A course designed to teach babysitters how to be safe and nurturing caregivers and handle children's emergencies. Bring a sack lunch. The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, 250 N. Fifth St., can be reached at 873-3149 or visit www.zionsville.lib.in for more information. Nature Center announces September events The Zion Nature Center has planned the following events throughout September:
• Animal Adventures: Honey Bees — 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Friday, Sept. 13, ages 3 through 6 with a parent. Meet at the library for a fictional story and walk to the nature center to learn facts about honeybees. • Explorers 500: Pollinators — 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, Sept. 13, grades kindergarten through third with parent. Librarians from the Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library and the naturalist from Zion Nature Center will share informational stories and hands-on activities.
• Fall into Sustainable Gardening — 7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 19, adults. Join Myrene Brown for a program that focuses on gardening techniques to implement this fall to start on the path to sustainable gardening. Discussion topics include fall lawn care, mulching, saving tender plants for the next growing season and other tips for a productive time in a fall garden.
• Hoosier Riverwatch: E. Coli Advanced Training — 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, Sept. 21, ages 15 and older. Citizens and educators will learn about bacteria in waterways and methods for analysis. Participants will learn hands-on testing methods. Activities are correlated to Indiana's Academic Standards for Science and educators may receive two Professional Growth Points. Pre-registration is required. Contact John Ulmer at email@example.com or call 769-3500 to register.