Garden plots available
Garden plots are now available for the 2013 season from St. Francis-in-the-Fields Episcopal Church, 1525 Mulberry St.
Each plot is 20 feet by 20 feet and has easy access to water.
Cost is $35, and the church is requesting that 10 percent of the harvest be donated to local food pantries.
Call Pat Guiney at 873-4377 for more information and to reserve a plot.
Town offers garden plots
The Zionsville Park and Recreation Department will take reservations for garden plots for the 2013 season.
Reservations will be taken from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at Town Hall, 1100 W. Oak St.
The gardens will be at the southwest corner of the intersection of County Roads 400 South and 875 East and at Elm Street Green in the Village.
Plots are 20 feet by 20 feet in size with a rental cost of $20 per plot. The plots are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Water and parking will be provided at both sites.
Call 733-2273 for more information.
Events set at the library
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library has planned the following events.
• Birds — 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, May 14, ages 3 through 6. Fly with our feathered friends, hear some stories and build a nest. Registration began Tuesday, April 23.
• Sidewalk Chalk — 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 15, grades fourth and fifth. Take a break from the stress of testing and final projects and play with sidewalk chalk. Registration began Tuesday, April 23.
• Toddler Time — 9:45 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m., ages 1 and 2. Walkers and talkers can come to the library to enjoy stories, songs and finger plays. Registration began Tuesday, April 23.
• Babies in Jammies — 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 24, ages birth through 11 months. Babies with their parents will enjoy songs, rhymes, finger plays, action playing, a short book and play time.
• 13th Annual Springtime Event: Egg Hatching — Monday, April 29, through Saturday, May 4. Eggs will hatch in the Youth Services Department. Everyone can join in and watch the chicks hatch via a live webcam at www.zionsville.lib.in.us.
• Hello Kitty, Hello Flowers — 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Monday, April 29, ages 3 through 6. Celebrate spring at a Hello Kitty Garden Party with stories, garden games and a craft.
• Mother Goose on the Loose — 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 30, ages 1 and 2. Spend time singing songs and nursery rhymes, learning finger plays and lap bounces, playing with rattles and scarves and reading books together.
• Baby Chicks — 10 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. Friday, May 3, ages 3 through 6. Read stories about chicks and other baby animals, make a craft and imagine what it would be like to hatch out of an egg.
• Star Wars: May the fourth be with you — 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Saturday, May 4, ages 7 through 12. Celebrate May the fourth with Star Wars activities including origami Yoda, Vader says and Imperial bowling.
• PAWS to Read — 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday, May 7, grades first through fifth. Register for a 15 minute time slot to read with a therapy dogs.
• Once Upon a Time ... We Danced — 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Saturday, May 4, families with children ages 3 and older. See favorite storybooks come to life through dance with the help of Village Dance Studio.
• Simple Science Family Night: How does it Grow? — 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, May 6, families with children ages 3 through 7. Instill a love of science with your child with easy and fun ways to learn basic concepts through simple science activities.
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, 250 N. Fifth St., can be reached at 873-3149 or visit www.zionsville.lib.in for more information.