Registration open for Spanish classes
Learn Another Language Inc., before-school Spanish program is enrolling students for the 2013-14 school year.
The kindergarten through sixth grade program meets Mondays through Thursdays in the elementary and middle schools. Space is limited. Visit www.lalzionsville.org to register. Contact Amy Malott at 506-3890 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Events planned for seniors
Boone County Senior Services has scheduled the following activities:
• Independent Consultation Computer Class — 10 a.m. to noon every Wednesday in the Narthex of Zionsville United Methodist Church, 9644 Whitestown Road. Cost is $20.
• Cards — 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Wednesday at the Boys and Girls Club of Zionsville, 1575 Mulberry St. Bridge and euchre will be played.
• Fun and Fit for Over 50 — 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. every Thursday at the Boys and Girls Club of Zionsville, 1575 Mulberry St.
• Art Class — 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Tuesday at the Boys and Girls Club of Zionsville, 1575 Mulberry St. Cost is $5 per class. Instructor Shirley Luttrell will work with any level of student and any medium.
• Van Trip — 9 a.m. Friday, June 7, Castleton Square Mall. Attendees are responsible for food, transportation and admission fees. Contact BCSSI to register.
Boone County Senior Services, Inc., can be reached at 765-482-5220 or 873-8939. The organization has locations at 1100 W. Oak St. and 515 Crown Point Drive, Lebanon.
Events set at the library
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library has planned the following events.
• Read, White and Blue: A Star-Spangled Summer — now through July 27, birth through entering fifth grade. Reading logs will be available at the library or at www.zionsville.lib.in.us. The first 1,000 to report their first goal of three books will receive a foam rocket or rubber duck. Earn a prize for every five books up to 50. Reach the 50-book goal and earn a chance to win the grand prize.
• Liberty and Books for All — June through July, adults. Be on the lookout for programs during June and July for the summer reading program. Visit the online calendar to see programs. The top 20 readers will earn Starbucks gift cards. At the end of July, one patron will win the second prize, a Colts barbecue set. One patron will win the grand prize, a Cuisinart ice cream maker.
• Adorable Monsters — 10:15 a.m. to 11 a.m. Monday, June 10, ages 3 through 6. Listen to stories and songs about monsters and create some monstrously fun crafts.
• Dancing Feet — 10:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Monday, June 10, ages 3 through 6.
• Read, Build, Play with DUPLOs: Grow, Caterpillar Grow — 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, June 10, ages 3 through 6 with a parent.
• Monday Movie: “The Invention of Hugo Cabret” — 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, June 10, families.
• Monday Tandem Read Book Club — 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, June 10, ages 7 through 12 with a parent.
• Music on the Lawn: “Howl at the Moon,” with Tom Sieling — 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 11, families.
• Yoga storytime for peaceful children — 1 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. Thursday, June 13, grades kindergarten through third.
• Superman Day — 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, June 15, families with children ages 3 and older. Dress like a superhero and explore the comic book world with activities, crafts and stories.
• Rocket Launch — 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Monday, June 17, ages 3 through 6; 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., ages 7 through 10. Learn how to create a safe rocket for a stuffed animal.