Registration open for Spanish classes
Learn Another Language Inc., before school Spanish program, is enrolling students for the 2013-14 school year.
The kindergarten through sixth grade program meets Mondays through Thursdays in the elementary and middle schools. Space is limited.
Visit www.lalzionsville.org to register.
Contact Amy Malott at 506-3890 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Youth Triathlon registration open
Registration is open for the Fourth of July Zionsville Youth Triathlon.
The triathlon will take place at 9 a.m. Thursday, July 4, at Azionaqua Swim Club, 4875 Willow Road. Visit www.kidstriforkids.com to register.
The field is limited to 200 individuals, and USA Triathlon membership is required.
Cost is $30 before the event and $45 the day of the event.
Contact Dan Gehring at email@example.com for more information.
Events planned for seniors
Boone County Senior Services has scheduled the following activities:
• Independent Consultation Computer Class — 10 a.m. to noon every Wednesday in the Narthex of Zionsville United Methodist Church, 9644 Whitestown Road. Cost is $20.
• Cards — 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. every Wednesday at the Boys and Girls Club of Zionsville, 1575 Mulberry St. Bridge and euchre will be played.
• Fun and Fit for Over 50 — 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. every Thursday at the Boys and Girls Club of Zionsville, 1575 Mulberry St.
• Art Class — 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. every Tuesday at the Boys and Girls Club of Zionsville, 1575 Mulberry St. Cost is $5 per class. Instructor Shirley Luttrell will work with any level of student and any medium.
• Boone County Council on Aging quarterly meeting — noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday, June 19. Meet at the Lebanon office for the BCCOA quarterly meeting and luncheon. A guest speaker from Excel Home Health Care will present “Signs and Symptoms of Congestive Heart Failure and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.” Reservations are suggested.
• Van Trip — 9 a.m. Thursday, June 20, Tippecanoe Mall. Transportation fees and meal costs are responsibility of attendee. Contact BCSSI for more information.
• Van Trip — 9 a.m. Monday, June 24, to Greenwood Park Mall. Transportation fees and meal costs are responsibility of attendee. Contact BCSSI for more information.
• Caring with Cause — 10 a.m. to noon Tuesday, June 25. Facilitators Rachel Gerrish, Franciscan Visiting Nurses at St. Francis and Serge Monperous will offer engaging and educational presentations to assist caregivers in developing supportive relationships.
• Van Trip — 8 a.m. Thursday, June 27, to Fair Oaks Farms in Lafayette. Transportation fees and meal costs are responsibility of attendee. Contact BCSSI for more information.
• Lunch and Learn — noon to 1 p.m. Friday, June 28, Town Hall Community Room. The topic will be “Reducing the Risk of Dehydration” with Axis Home Health Care. Lunch, which is free to the first 30 registrants, will be provided by Zionsville Meadows. Contact BCSSI to register.
• Casino Trip — Trip to Rising Star Casino Tuesday, Aug. 20. Trip includes roundtrip motorcoach transportation, $5 casino cash and $10 slot play. Cost is $35 per person. Contact BCSSI for more information.
Boone County Senior Services, Inc., can be reached at 765-482-5220 or 873-8939. The organization has locations at 1100 W. Oak St. and 515 Crown Point Drive, Lebanon.