Garden plots available
Garden plots are now available for the 2013 season from St. Francis-in-the-Fields Episcopal Church, 1525 Mulberry St.
Each plot is 20 feet by 20 feet and has easy access to water.
Cost is $35, and the church is requesting that 10 percent of the harvest be donated to local food pantries.
Call Pat Guiney at 873-4377 for more information and to reserve a plot.
at the library
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library has planned the following events.
• Benjamin’s Kite — 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, March 20, families with children ages 3 and older. Supplies and directions available for families to make and fly a kite like young Benjamin Franklin. Register for supplies and follow self-guided instructions.
• AARP Tax-Aide — 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. every Thursday from now through April 4. Free tax help for taxpayers with low and middle income with special attention to those ages 60 and older. Reservations required.
• Art of Alexander Calder — 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, March 23, ages 8 through 12. Join staff from SullivanMunce Cultural Center and explore the art of Alexander Calder by making a mobile with wire, beads and buttons.
• Simple Science Family Night: How does it grow? — 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, March 25, families with children ages 3 through 7. Instill a love of science with easy and fun ways to learn basic concepts through simple science activities.
• Inkblots: The Science of Art — 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 27, grades fourth and fifth. Drip, splat and squish to creativity using inkblots. This technique uses both sides of the brain to tap into creativity.
• Hard-Boiled Detective — 4:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. Thursday, March 28, grades first through third. Be a hard-boiled detective and discover who-dun-it to Humpty Dumpty. Attendees will use science and imagination as well as color hard-boiled eggs.
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, 250 N. Fifth St., can be reached at 873-3149 or visit www.zionsville.lib.in for more information.