Garden plots are now available for the 2013 season from St. Francis-in-the-Fields Episcopal Church, 1525 Mulberry St.
Each plot is 20 feet by 20 feet and has access to water.
Cost is $35, and the church is requesting that 10 percent of the harvest be donated to local food pantries.
Call Pat Guiney at 873-4377 for more information and to reserve a plot.
4-H project drop
Boone County 4-H has set the deadline for any member wishing to drop a project from their original enrollment form.
The enrollment revision form is available in the Extension office, 1300 E. CR 100 S., Lebanon, and at www.extension.purdue.edu/boone. The forms must be turned in by Monday, April 1.
Forms must be completed before the request can be processed.
After the deadline, projects in which members are enrolled will be transcribed onto the member’s permanent record.
Call 765-482-0750 for more information.
Registration is now open for Zionsville Community Schools’ 2013-14 GROW programming.
Programming included this year is Summer Explorers’ Day Camp at Pleasant View Elementary, universal preschool at Boone Meadow Elementary, kindergarten bridge, before and after care and middle school JAM.
Email ZCSGrow@zcs.k12.in.us to register.
Call the ZCS-GROW office at 873-2226 ext. 11126 for more information.
at the library
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library has planned the following events.
• Inkblots: The Science of Art — 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 27, grades four and five. Drip, splat and squish to creativity using inkblots. This technique uses both sides of the brain to tap into creativity.
• AARP Tax-Aide — 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. every Thursday from now through April 4. Free tax help for taxpayers with low and middle income with special attention to those ages 60 and older. Reservations required.
• Hard-Boiled Detective — 4:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. Thursday, March 28, grades first through third. Be a hard-boiled detective and discover who-dun-it to Humpty Dumpty. Attendees will use science and imagination as well as color hard-boiled eggs.
• Spring Break Movie: “Wreck it Ralph” — 10:30 a.m. to noon Monday, April 1, families. Bring a cup with a lid and enjoy the movie, popcorn and lemonade.
• Single Session - Toddler Time — 9:45 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday, April 2, ages 1 and 2. Walkers and talkers can come to the library to enjoy stories, songs and finger plays.
• PAWS to Read — 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday, April 2, grades first through fifth. Sign up for 15 minutes of one-on-one reading time with a therapy dog.
• Lego Mania — 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, April 3, ages 3 through 6, and 11 a.m. to noon, grades first through fifth. Come to the library to make a creation using Legos.
• Karaoke 101 — 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, April 3, grades third through fifth. Come sing and dance with Miss Jessica at the library.
• Sight Word Bingo — 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Thursday, April 4, ages 4 through 7. Have fun playing bingo and learn beginning words at the same time. Popcorn and lemonade will be served.
• Spring Break Movie: “Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days” — 10:30 a.m. to noon Friday, April 5, families. Bring a cup with a lid and enjoy popcorn, lemonade and a movie.
• Bugs! Bugs! Bugs! — 4:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. Tuesday, April 9, grades first through third. Edible bugs will be made out of chocolate chips, chow mein noodles and butter.
• Babies in Jammies — 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday, April 10, ages birth through 11 months. Babies with their parents will enjoy songs, rhymes, finger plays, action playing, a short book and play time.
• American Girl: Molly — 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Thursday, April 11, grades first through fifth. Explore a part of life that Molly would have encountered during World War II, such as planting a victory garden, recycling and trying new vegetables.
• Animal Adventure: Worms and Composting — 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Friday, April 12, ages 3 through 6 with a parent. Meet at the library for a story or two and walk over to the Zion Nature Center to visit with the animals that live there.
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, 250 N. Fifth St., can be reached at 873-3149 or visit www.zionsville.lib.in for more information.