The Zion Nature Center offers the following upcoming events:
• Wildlife outside your Windows — 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 7, ages 15 and older. Learn how to create an eco-friendly habitat that will attract beautiful songbirds, insects, amphibians, and other interesting wildlife for viewing from a home’s window. Program is free, but registration is required.
• Animal Adventures: Animal Food — 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Friday, Feb. 15, ages 3 through 6. Meet at the library for a fictional story then walk to the center to learn facts about animals and the food they eat.
• Utopia Wildlife — 1 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 16, at Town Hall, 1100 W. Oak St. Utopia Wildlife Rehabilitators will introduce attendees to several injured animals that can’t be released into the wild.
The nature center, 690 Beech St., can be reached at 873-8950 or visit www.zionnaturecenterfriends.org for more information.
ZFD schedules ball
The Zionsville Fire Department’s Annual Firefighter’s Ball and Awards Banquet will be Saturday, Feb. 9, at the Caribbean Cove Hotel, 3850 DePauw Blvd., Indianapolis.
The event will feature a photo booth, wheel of prizes, Robert Goodman Jeweler’s Jewelry Raffle and Qtego’s bidding services and smart phone app for the silent auction. Pre-register a cell phone for easier text and smart phone bidding and to view the silent quction items at www.qtego.net/auc/zfd.
Tickets are $50. Reservations can be mailed to ZFD, PO Box 459, Zionsville, IN 46077, or call 873-5358.
Call 872-9790 to book a room at the hotel and use the code “Zionsville Fire Department” to receive a special room rate.
Witham Health Services will host the following February community education classes. All classes are in the Denger Conference Room unless otherwise noted.
• Childbirth Education/Newborn Care Class: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 19
• Congestive Heart Failure Management Classes: Call for individualized class.
• Diabetes Self to Manage-ment Update Class: Call for individualized class.
Witham Health Services will host the following Feb. Support Group Meetings. All meetings are in the VIP Dining Room unless otherwise noted.
• Cancer Survivors Support Group – 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 27, in the Witham Health Services South Pavilion, Suite 100.
• Diabetic Self to Manage-ment Support Group – 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13
• Grief Support Gathering – 6 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 12
These classes and meetings allow support group members the opportunity to discuss with others the coping mechanisms and frustrations of living with these problems.
Call the Witham marketing department at 765to485to8120 or go online to www.witham.org for more information.