at the library
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, 250 N. Fifth St., can be reached at 873-3149 or visit www.zionsville.lib.in. for more information.
• Volunteer for the Holiday Stroll — Now through Friday, Nov. 30. Registrations are being accepted to volunteer for the annual Holiday Stroll.
• Teen Trivia — Now through Friday, Nov. 30, teens. Grab a sheet and name the title and author of the book a movie was based on and win a prize basket.
• Our Heroes’ Tree — Now through Sunday, Dec. 23. The library will partner with the Indiana State Library to present Our Heroes’ Tree. Zionsville residents may drop by the Youth Services Department and create an ornament honoring a service member.
• Hope for Heroes — Now through Sunday, Dec. 16. The library will accept winter wear and personal care items for homeless veterans in conjunction with the Hope for Heroes program.
• Wednesday AM Book Club — 10 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 14. Adults are invited to drop in and discuss “A Secret Kept” by Tatiana De Rosnay.
• Friends of the Library Meeting — 10 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 14.The Friends of the Library will hold an open meeting. Anyone interested in being a member is welcome to attend.
• SAT/ACT Test Prep — 6 p.m. to 6:45 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 14. Get ready for the SAT and ACT by learning how to use the library’s website to get free practice tests.
• Introduction to Excel — 10 a.m. to noon, Thursday, Nov. 15. Introductory computer class for Microsoft Excel 2010.
• Animal Adventure Series: Snakes — 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Friday, Nov. 16, ages 3 through 6. The library and Zion Nature Center team up to share stories, activities and real animals.
• Safe Sitter — 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 17, ages 11 through 13. A course designed to teach babysitters how to be safe and nurturing caregivers and how to handle children’s emergencies. Bring a sack lunch. Cost is $55.
• November Drop-in Craft — 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 17. Stop by and complete a fall craft appropriate to the season.
• New Usborne Book Sale — Monday, Nov. 19, through Sunday, Nov. 25. Support of the Scholastic book sales enabled the library to receive hundreds of new books. This will be a smaller sale with popular Usborne Books. Proceeds benefit library programs.
• SOAR - Senior Book Talks — 2:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 19, adults ages 55 and older. Every three weeks, a variety of books and genres will be reviewed with copies available to attendees for checkout after the program.
• Readers Theater: The Headless Horseman — 4 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 20, ages 8 through 11. Readers theater is a cross between drama and reading — a read-aloud activity and introduction to drama.
•Holiday Hours — 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 21. The library will close at 5 p.m. for the Thanksgiving holiday.
• Library closed — Thursday, Nov. 22, through Friday, Nov. 23. The library will be closed for Thanksgiving and will resume normal hours at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 24.
• Art & Andrew Wyeth with Ms. Jenny — 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 24, ages 5 through 9. Explore the beauty of artist Andrew Wyeth with Ms. Jenny from A Space to Create. Learn about the artist, who painted from his homes in Pennsylvania and Maine; then create a landscape with watercolors and painter’s tape.
• Tree Trimming Party — 2:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 24, teens. Help the library prepare for the Holiday Stroll. Help decorate a tree, ready the Eye-Spy wall and enjoy cookies and hot cocoa.
• Introduction to ancestry.com — 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 27. Genealogist Betty Warren will show how to research family history using ancestry.com.
• Chess Club — 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 28, grades preschool through high school. A chess club for any level of player.
• K-Plus — 4:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 29, ages fifth through sixth. This program supplements school instruction by engaging children through stories, music, art and other activities.
• Jamming in Jammies with Ms. Kelli from Little Nightingales Music Together — 7 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 29, ages birth through kindergarten. Punt on jammies and sing, wiggle and groove with Ms. Kelli from Little Nightingales Music Together.
• Toes, Knees, Elbow, Nose — 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Friday, Nov. 30, ages 3 through 6. Head to the library for a mixed up body storytime.
- Community Calendar from August 20, 2014 Community Calendar from August 20, 2014
- Community Calendar from August 13, 2014 Community Calendar from August 13, 2014
- Community Calendar from Aug. 6, 2014 Community Calendar from Aug. 6, 2014
- Calendar for July 30, 2014
- Community Calendar from July 23, 2014 Community Calendar from July 23, 2014
- Community Calendar from July 16, 2014 Community Calendar from July 16, 2014
- Community Calendar from July 2, 2014 Community Calendar from July 2, 2014
- Community Calendar from June 25, 2014
- Community calendar from June 18, 2014 Community calendar from June 18, 2014
- Community calendar for June 11, 2014
- More Calendar Headlines