at the library
The Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library, 250 N. Fifth St., can be reached at 873-3149 or visit www.zionsville.lib.in. for more information.
• Volunteer for the Holiday Stroll — Now through Friday, Nov. 30. Registrations are being accepted to volunteer for the annual Holiday Stroll.
• Teen Trivia — Now through Friday, Nov. 30, teens. Grab a sheet and name the title and author of the book a movie was based on and win a prize basket.
• Our Heroes’ Tree — Now through Sunday, Dec. 23. The library will partner with the Indiana State Library to present Our Heroes’ Tree. Zionsville residents may drop by the Youth Services Department and create an ornament honoring a service member.
• Hope for Heroes — Now through Sunday, Dec. 16. The library will accept winter wear and personal care items for homeless veterans in conjunction with the Hope for Heroes program.
• New Usborne Book Sale — Monday, Nov. 19, through Sunday, Nov. 25. Support of the Scholastic book sales enabled the library to receive hundreds of new books. This will be a smaller sale with popular Usborne Books. Proceeds benefit library programs.
• SOAR - Senior Book Talks — 2:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 19, adults ages 55 and older. Every three weeks, a variety of books and genres will be reviewed with copies available to attendees for checkout after the program.
• Readers Theater: The Headless Horseman — 4 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 20, ages 8 through 11. Readers theater is a cross between drama and reading — a read-aloud activity and introduction to drama.
•Holiday Hours — 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 21. The library will close at 5 p.m. for the Thanksgiving holiday.
• Library closed — Thursday, Nov. 22, through Friday, Nov. 23. The library will be closed for Thanksgiving and will resume normal hours at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 24.
• Art & Andrew Wyeth with Ms. Jenny — 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 24, ages 5 through 9. Explore the beauty of artist Andrew Wyeth with Ms. Jenny from A Space to Create. Learn about the artist, who painted from his homes in Pennsylvania and Maine; then create a landscape with watercolors and painter’s tape.
• Tree Trimming Party — 2:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 24, teens. Help the library prepare for the Holiday Stroll. Help decorate a tree, ready the Eye-Spy wall and enjoy cookies and hot cocoa.
• Introduction to ancestry.com — 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 27. Genealogist Betty Warren will show how to research family history using ancestry.com.
• Chess Club — 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 28, grades preschool through high school. A chess club for any level of player.
• K-Plus — 4:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 29, ages fifth through sixth. This program supplements school instruction by engaging children through stories, music, art and other activities.
• Jamming in Jammies with Ms. Kelli from Little Nightingales Music Together — 7 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 29, ages birth through kindergarten. Punt on jammies and sing, wiggle and groove with Ms. Kelli from Little Nightingales Music Together.
• Toes, Knees, Elbow, Nose — 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Friday, Nov. 30, ages 3 through 6. Head to the library for a mixed up body storytime.
• 2012 Holiday Stroll “Treasure the Holidays” — 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1. Bring children to the library on the free Christmas in the Village trolley to see holiday tree displays, make crafts and hear live music. The Melchior Marionettes and magician Don Miller will also be performing.
• Holiday Cabaret on Strings — 11 a.m. to noon and 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1. Get in the holiday spirit as the Melchior Marionettes present their holiday show.
• Sugar Plum Fairy Ballet — 10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Monday, Dec. 3, ages 3 through 6. Learn ballet steps with a dance inspired by the Nutcracker’s Sugar Plum Fairy music and story. Provided by the Indy Dance Academy.
• Hip Hoppin’ Holiday — 4:30 p.m. to 5 p.m., Monday, Dec. 3, grades kindergarten through fifth. Dancers will focus on body isolations and conditioning and learn a high-energy dance to a holiday tune.
• PAWS to Read — 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 4, grades first through fifth. Share a story with a therapy dog.
• Hobbit Adventures for Children — 4:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, grades first through fifth. Celebrate the J.R.R. Tolkien classic. Meet a hobbit who will share the journey of Bilbo Baggins, make a Hobbitish accessory to wear and celebrate Hobbit style with food, fun and music. Dress as an elf, dwarf, hobbit or dragon Smaug.
• Holiday Readers Theater — 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, Dec. 10, ages 8 through 11. Join in reading some holiday related scripts.
• Gifts from the Kitchen — 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Monday, Dec. 10, grades first through fifth. Join the ladies from Your Gourmet Girlfriends for a night of creating gifts from the kitchen for your friends and family. Test cooking and tasting skills and take home the recipes for extended holiday fun.
• Mrs. Claus and the Musical Elves — 4:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 13, families with children ages 3 and older. Join Laugh’n Laura, Kazoo’n Kelli, Jolly Jessica, Jumpin’ Julie and Jazzin Papa Matt for a time of singing, stories and games. Following the program, meet Cand Carry’n Mrs. Claus for pictures and a hug.
Community Calendar from April 23, 2014
Community Calendar from April 23, 2014
- Community Calendar from April 16, 2014 Community Calendar from April 16, 2014
- Community Calendar from April 9, 2014 Community Calendar from April 9, 2014
- Community Calendar from March 26, 2014 Community Calendar from March 26, 2014
- Community Calendar from March 19, 2014 Community Calendar from March 19, 2014
Community calendar for March 12, 2014
Tri Kappa accepting scholarship applications Zionsville Tri Kappa is accepting scholarship applications from high school seniors and Zionsville Community High School alumni who are attending college. Four $1,000 scholarships are available, three for
- Community Calendar from March 5, 2014 Community Calendar from March 5, 2014
- Community Calendar from Feb. 26, 2014 Community Calendar from Feb. 26, 2014
- Community Calendar from Feb. 19, 2014 Community Calendar from Feb. 19, 2014
- Community Calendar from Feb. 12, 2014 Community Calendar from Feb. 12, 2014
- More Calendar Headlines
- Community Calendar from April 23, 2014