Zionsville Times Sentinel

Home

January 20, 2006

Smoke shuts down Main Street

A heating element and beaker containing a plating solution were responsible for smoke that filled the back room of Jewel Box Jewelers, 100 S. Main St., just before noon on Friday, Jan. 19.

The Zionsville Fire Department responded to the smoke, but the solution did not catch on fire, said Gale Sammons, an employee at Jewel Box Jewelers.

She said the solution, which is used in rhodium plating, was heated on the element. It is used for jewelry repair.

Main Street was closed for nearly an hour while the fire department investigated the smoke.





1
Text Only
Local News
Local Sports
Calendar
Obituaries
Features
Order Times Sentinel photos


Photos from July 2014

Poll
Facebook
Twitter Updates
Weather Radar
AP Video
Texas Scientists Study Ebola Virus Smartphone Powered Paper Plane Debuts at Airshow Southern Accent Reduction Class Cancelled in TN Raw: Deadly Landslide Hits Indian Village Obama Chides House GOP for Pursuing Lawsuit New Bill Aims to Curb Sexual Assault on Campus Russia Counts Cost of New US, EU Sanctions 3Doodler Bring 3-D Printing to Your Hand Six PA Cops Indicted for Robbing Drug Dealers Britain Testing Driverless Cars on Roadways Raw: Thousands Flocking to German Crop Circle At Least 20 Chikungunya Cases in New Jersey Raw: Obama Eats Ribs in Kansas City In Virginia, the Rise of a New Space Coast Raw: Otters Enjoy Water Slides at Japan Zoo NCAA Settles Head-injury Suit, Will Change Rules Raw: Amphibious Landing Practice in Hawaii Raw: Weapons Fire Hits UN School in Gaza Raw: Rocket Launches Into Space With Cargo Ship Broken Water Main Floods UCLA
Hyperlocal Search
Premier Guide
Find a business

Walking Fingers
Maps, Menus, Store hours, Coupons, and more...
Premier Guide